Titans Together is the 64th episode of the Teen Titans series and the 12th episode of Season 5.
It appears as though the Brotherhood of Evil are victorious. Members of the Teen Titans have been defeated across the globe, while other members have been taken prisoner and become frozen statues and with Robin being held captive as well all hope seems lost. However, some hope still remains as Beast Boy and a few other members have escaped from the Brotherhood's attacks and must now band together if there is any chance to stop them.
The Titans are defeated, and the Brotherhood of Evil appears victorious - but there is still some hope. Beast Boy manages to find his way to a secret Titans outpost, where he is soon joined by the remnants of the Teen Titans Más, Pantha, Herald and Jericho. At first the escapees are dejected that neither of them are among the most powerful (especially Jericho is held in little esteem), but Beast Boy holds them back and rallies them into a rag-tag, but in its own way effective team.
Their first undertaking is the capture of Cinderblock, who, thanks to Jericho's talents, provides them both with the location of the Brotherhood's base and a cover to get them inside. A slip-up by Jericho talking inside Cinderblock causes them to lose the latter advantage, and soon they must face the villains assemble under the Brotherhood's leadership. Despite putting up a valiant fight, the odds eventually turn against the brave Titans, but just as things seem bleak, unexpected reinforcements arrive: Cyborg along with Kole and Gnarrk, Starfire bringing Bumblebee and Red Star, and Raven arriving with Melvin, Timmy, Teether and their big friend Bobby - and the battle is quickly overturned.
During all this, Mas succeeds in reaching his brother Menos, unfreezing him after freeing himself from Chang's goons by kicking one goon's shin, while biting the other guard's hand. By fiddling with the controls of Professor Chang's freezing machine, they are able to free the Titans who have been already been captured: Hot Spot, Wildebeest, Aqualad, Tramm, Bushido, Argent, Killowat, Thunder, Lightning, Speedy, and Robin are freed from their flash freeze and quickly join the fight. With their numbers increased, the Titans easily overpower the villains. Last to arrive are Kid Flash and Jinx, who help mopping up the remnants of the H.I.V.E. Five and Madame Rouge and ferry the captured villains off to flash-freeze treatment.
As the numbers of their allies dwindle, the Brain and Monsieur Mallah decide to run for it, leaving the Brain's socket, which contains a nuclear device, as a parting "gift". However, Beast Boy and Robin apprehend the two, and the nuclear device is disposed of by Cyborg and Starfire, who shove it into outer space through one of Herald's portals. Finally, the Brain and Monsieur Mallah are frozen and the other Titans (Puppet King and XL Terrestrial) are groaning at Beast Boy's lame joke, "Brain Freeze."
Just as the Titans and Honoraries take some time relaxing in Titans Tower and getting to know each other a little better, they receive an alarm involving Doctor Light, who is robbing the Bank of Perez. Doctor Light later hurries out of the bank with his loot, unaware that almost 30 Titans are waiting to pounce on him. As Raven puts it: "He's totally gonna freak this time!"
- Even though Beast Boy was only left with Herald, Más, Jerchio, and Pantha, it is unknown why he did not call for the aid of the Doom Patrol. It is possible this was an intentional plot hole, to test Beast Boy's capability as a leader.
- When Jericho arrives with Herald, Pantha, Beast Boy, and Más all sigh, as they were expecting the rest of Beast Boy's teammates. However, it is likely that Beast Boy was expecting Raven to be with Herald, as she was the one assigned to give him a Titans Communicator.
- In this episode, Jinx and Gizmo were not voiced by their usual voice actor, Lauren Tom, but instead by Tara Strong.
- Although Kid Flash picked up most of the villains and defeated them to get frozen, at the end of this episode, many villains are missing from the frozen statue collection. In fact, the only villains who were seen in the collection was See-More, Killer Moth, Kyd Wykkyd, Plasmus, Mad Mod, Control Freak, Mumbo, I.N.S.T.I.A.T.O.R, Kardiak, Private Hive, Ding Dong Daddy, Andre Leblanc, Madame Rouge, General Immortus, Monsieur Mallah and the Brain. Gizmo, Mammoth, Billy Numerous, Professor Chang, his minions and the Wrestling Star were seen frozen on-screen, but they weren't seen in the collection. Fang, Steamroller, Warp, Trident, Wintergreen, H.I.V.E. Headmistress, Angel, Cinderblock, Johnny Rancid, Psimon and most of the other villains were defeated and were frozen off-screen, but some villains like Mother Mae-Eye, General Immortus's soldiers, Punk Rocket, Puppet King, Malchoir, Overload, Atlas, Katoru, the Master of Games, XL Terrestial, Adonis and Phobia were defeated, but were somewhat not frozen on-screen or off. There is a slight hint that some of the villains escaped such as Kitten and Cheshire.
- When the Titans are sighing at Beast Boy's joke, Lightning , Tramm, Más y Menos, and Jericho are missing.
- Más y Menos were at the freezing machine at the time.
- After Robin gets unfrozen, he and Cyborg perform a combination attack (which defeats Phobia and Andre Le Blanc). There's a possibility that this is the "Sonic Boom" that the two developed in "Divide and Conquer".
- While Cyborg and Robin did their combination, Raven and Starfire also combined their powers.
- Even though Psimon hasn't spoke in the series, but in this episode, he grunted twice when Herald stepped on him, and he grunted again when Raven pounded him to the ground. The Wrestling Star was known to not speak in the series, but he has grunted a few times when he was fighting Pantha.
- Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, AND Beast Boy's survival against their assailants, as well as Cyborg's statement, "Lesson number one: Never throw me down a hole, unless you make sure I stay there!" is possibly a very, very subtle reference to "Aftershock - Part 1". Cyborg was also thrown down a hole in that episode, and the rest of Titans managed to regroup as Terra did not make sure that she had truly defeated them. The same happened in this episode, as the four managed to defeat their assailants and return to Beast Boy with reinforcements.
- Beast Boy's leadership skills were truly put to the test in this episode, as he was forced to lead a ragtag team of Titans to rescue the others. He is no longer the immature, care-free kid that we saw in the beginning of the series. Here, he is a leader, one just as capable as Robin. However, he still found time to make the corny joke, "Brain Freeze", following their victory, much to the chagrin of the other Titans.
- The Master of Games was supposed to be defeated by Pantha. However, he was briefly seen again in the final battle and accidentally defeated (which was ironic) by XL Terrestrial, when the giant alien was knocked down by Raven and Starfire and fell next to the Master of Games, which sent him flying off.
- Although most of the Titans were sighing at Beast Boy's joke, but Wildebeest doesn't seem to care whether it's funny or not.
- The flashbacks of the episode shows Cyborg giving a communicator to Pantha, Starfire gives one to Argent, Beast Boy gives one to Jericho, Raven gives one to Herald, Robin give one to Kole and Gnarrk, Robin leaves in his ship and "Hot Spot" reveals "himself" as a shape-shifted Rouge and got the communicator, Bumblebee lost consciousness and falls in the sky and Punk Rocket and Angel tried to capture her, Kitten rides on a giant moth and captures Starfire and the rest of the mutant moths attack Starfire and supposedly eat her alive, Mammoth pushes Cyborg into a chasm to his supposed demise, Tramm (who managed to defeat XL Terrestrial) joins Aqualad to face Trident and Plasmus, but they weren't able to stop the two villains and were defeated, and Raven was about to finish off Psimon, until Kyd Wykkyd attacks Raven, Psimon opens a portal, and Kyd Wykkyd throws Raven into the portal where she is banished to an unknown location.
- Jericho is mute, but he is seen talking when he possesses Cinderblock and Private H.I.V.E.
- Robin often prefers the idea of splitting up, while Beast Boy often states they should stick together. The flaw of Robin's mindset was ultimately exploited to great effect by the Brain, proving that Beast Boy was right about sticking together.
- Madame Rouge monologues more than she does any effective fighting in the final battle.
- When the original Titans revealed themselves, Robin's stomach and form changes in his frozen form.
- The Brotherhood of Evil only managed to freeze twelve heroes: Hot Spot, Wildebeest, Speedy, Bushido, Tramm, Aqualad, Argent, Thunder, Lightning, Killowat, Robin, and Menos
- The Titans that were victorious in their battles had to face two villains, such as Pantha (Adonis and Atlas), Herald (See-More and Warp), and Jericho, (Private Hive and Fang).
- Kole's hair is a different shade of pink than seen in her previous appearances. This is probably due to the different lighting.
- This episode is also one where the title is said in the script, in this case, Beast Boy cries out "Titans Together!" following Cyborg, Starfire, and Raven arriving with reinforcements.
- Robin ends the episode with his signature battlecry, "Titans, Go!"
- Raven remarks Doctor Light's cowardice at the end of the episode, perhaps hinting that she enjoys scaring the living daylights out of the villain.
- Raven tells Melvin, Timmy, and Teether to just stay away from anyone older than them, which is rather odd considering every single villain (and hero no less) is older than the three of them except maybe Gizmo. This is most likely just a cute way for Raven to tell the kids not to fight anyone without telling them directly.
- The H.I.V.E. Five assisted the Brotherhood of Evil in fighting the Titans despite not being part of the Brotherhood of Evil as revealed in episode "Lightspeed".
- In this episode there are some animation/script errors concerning untypical character appearances to be found. Hot Spot is standing among the villains when the first phase of the battle was over, the Puppet King is with the Titans (picture above), and XL Terrestrial is with the TItans groaning at Beast Boy's joke. When the Puppet King and XL Terrestrial weren't seen frozen, it is implied and assumed by viewers that the two villains defected like Jinx. However, this may just be an animation error. It's also possible that Jericho had possessed XL Terrestrial after the latter was knocked down by Raven and Starfire (this would also explain Jericho's absence when Beast Boy tells his joke).
- Although Raven is in her soul-self form when she is giving the communicator to Herald, the cold opening shows her with her normal body in his dimension.
- In the flashback of the beginning of the episode, Madame Rouge disguised herself as Hot Spot in his power form and got Robin's communicator and quickly turned back into her real form, but in "Trust", she got Robin's communicator disguised as Hot Spot's human form, waving good-bye to him, and smiling at him, evilly.
- When the Brotherhood of Evil were presenting Robin to be frozen, all of the villains' arms were cheering and Mammoth's arm was seen. Oddly enough, Mammoth was seen running with Andre LeBlanc, Adonis, and Private H.I.V.E. in the hall to see Robin getting frozen, instead of staying with his companions at the main base to watch Robin suffer. Even though he was knocked out by Pantha in the hallway, he strangely returned out of nowhere in the final battle.
- During the final battle, while Johnny Rancid was trying to escape, Argent uses her blasts to capture him. However, her blasts are shown to be the same fire blasts as Hot Spot's, instead of being red.
- When Speedy is frozen at the beginning, one of his arms shielding his face and the other at his side. When Madam Rouge shows the collection of frozen heroes, one of his hands is reaching in his quiver and the other is holding his bow.
- Although Kyd Wykkyd was in a heep pile with Gizmo, Mammoth and Billy Numerous, however, Kyd Wykkyd was seen in a different way in the frozen collection. Kyd Wykkyd strangely was kneeling on the first row, instead of being piled with his partners.
- The shape of Titans Tower near the end is a bit wider at the base than usual, this likely was an animation error.
- When the original Titans return home to Titans Tower, they find out that the others have followed them back, and are rather shocked. It is very odd that they didn't notice, as there are at least 25 other Titans.
- When Gnarrk throws Kole up in the air, she crystallizes with her arms straight out. When he hits Ding Dong Daddy with her, her arms are to her sides.
Click here to view the gallery.