|The End - Part 1|
|Original Airdate||July 2, 2005|
|Guest Characters||Slade, Trigon and Plasmus|
|Written By||Amy Wolfram|
|Directed By||Alex Soto|
|Preceded By||Mother Mae-Eye|
|Followed By||The End - Part 2|
The End - Part 1 is the 50th episode of the series and the 11th episode of the Teen Titans season 4.
The day Raven has feared all her life is finally here; the day she will end the world. Raven sees no hope in defeating Trigon so she decides to make the Titans last day perfect. It's not long before they find out, they take Raven to a safety room to protect her while they fight off Slade and his minions. Will this be enough to stop the prophecy from coming true or will Raven give in to Trigon to save her friends?
The episode begins with Slade and Trigon having a conversation. Trigon tells Slade to bring Raven and he will get his promise. Slade accepts, thinking it's a beautiful day for the end of the world. The scene suddenly switches to Raven in her room, just as the sun comes up. She wakes up and finds Trigon's symbol burning on her arms. She screams "No!", realizing that today is the day she will fulfill her destiny to become the portal for Trigon to enter the Earth, therefore causing an end to the life of all it's inhabitants. Raven goes out to the rooftop and watches the sunrise. As she watches Robin comes up, and they have a moment. She decides to be extra nice to her teammates and try to make their last day the best ever. She makes pancakes for breakfast, though she's a bad cook, but Robin quietly told Cyborg and Beast Boy to be nice about it, because he could tell Raven was really trying to be nice. Starfire said the pancakes reminded her of a dish at Tamaran, and Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Robin gave their pancakes to her. The alarm signifies an attack, and they leave.
As they battle Plasmus, Raven stops Robin from hitting a building. He says "Thanks! I owe you one!" and Raven quietly mumbles, "Yeah. Sure." She protects all her teammates during the battle, and ends up defeating Plasmus. Raven later takes the team out for pizza, and Robin mentions that she's being quiet today. She takes them to the park and suggest some activities to do. She states that they have a lot to do until sunset. Suddenly, a solar eclipse happens and blocks the sun. Raven is tossed around by an invisible force, and as her teammates look at her arm, they see the mark of Trigon. She passes out and comes to, scolded by her teammates; 'Why didn't you tell us today's the day?' Her teammates realize that she is destined to become the portal so the earth will be destroyed, and immediately take her to a quarantine room, which they constructed without Raven's knowledge. Raven says over and over that it's hopeless, but her team doesn't listen and they lock her in. Beast Boy gives her a penny for good luck and she says "All the luck in the world won't help us now."
Raven meditates and Trigon makes contact with her mind as Slade appears outside the tower, with a group of fire demons. After threatening to hurt Raven's friends, Trigon makes Raven come out of the tower and go with Slade. Her team tries to stop her, but she knocks them out and leaves. While they walk to the place where Raven must summon Trigon, she warns Slade that she knows her father, and that Trigon will not keep whatever promise he made to him. Slade doesn't believe this and says that Raven is merely a pawn in Trigon's plan. Raven then remarks that they have that in common, and once Slade's purpose is done, he will be irrelevant. This angers Slade and he starts to ignite in flames, only to be grabbed by the fire demons. Slade orders them to release him, but they ignore him. Raven then realizes that Slade is already insignificant as even his own army won't listen to him. The Fire Demons then release him and leave him there on Raven's orders.
The Titans soon recover from the knockout and decide one last time to stop Raven from fulfilling her destiny. Slade then confronts Trigon and demands his repayment. Trigon then refuses, saying the gem has returned on her own free will. Slade then reminds him about the deal. Trigon then just laughs at him. Enraged, Slade starts throwing fireballs at Trigon, which don't harm him at all. Trigon then takes away his powers and Slade seemingly vanishes. The Titans reach Raven and once again try to convince her and saying that no one knows their destiny. She agrees by telling them she didn't know she could make such wonderful friends and that she wanted to make their last day perfect only to have them worry about her the entire time. Robin holds her hand and tells her "That's what friends are for." But Raven says "And as my friends you have to let me go". She then traps them to prevent them from stopping her, as they try stop her she proceeds to open the portal. Trigon then emerges from it.
- Trigon: The time has come. The prophecy shall be fulfilled. Tonight at dusk, when the planets align, the portal will be opened. Finally, I shall be free from this fiery prison and the Earth shall be mine. Slade: I will make sure that Raven realizes her destiny. And for bringing you this precious gem, I expect you to keep your part of the bargain and return what is precious to me. Trigon: You bring me the gem and you shall get what you deserve. Slade: Deal. It's a beautiful day for the end of the world.
- Cyborg: So far, everything seems normal.
Beast Boy: Yep. Just your normal last day on earth.
Robin: It's no one's last day on earth!
- Raven: (becoming the portal) The gem was born of evil's fire, the gem shall be his portal, he comes to claim, he comes to sire, the end of all things mortal!
- Slade: The chamber is prepared for you, everything is ready for Trigon's ascent.
- Raven: You're a fool, whatever he promised he won't deliver.
- Slade: Dear child, you don't know what you're talking about.
- Raven: You think I don't know my own father?
- Slade: You are merely the portal, an insignificant pawn in Trigon's game.
- Raven: Then I guess we have that in common, and once he gets what he wants, you'll be insignificant too.
- Slade: (summoning fire on his hands) SHUT YOUR MOUTH!! (then gets grabbed by Trigon's minions) GET OFF ME! DO AS I COMMAND!!!
- Raven: (in evil state) Come to think of it, Slade, you're already insignificant, even your own army won't listen to you. Leave him. (Trigon's minions unhand Slade and leave with Raven).
- Slade: The portal approaches. The hour is near. It's time for my payment. Trigon: Payment? For what? The gem returns of her own free will. You did not deliver her. I did. Slade: We had a deal. I held up my part of the bargain. Trigon: (laughs evily as Slade attacks him with everything he's got) I granted you these powers and I can take them away! (absorbs the powers out of Slade and makes him disappear)
- Robin: What are you doing up so early?
- Raven: I could ask you the same thing.
- Robin: I love sunrise. The promise of a new day... Anythings possible
- Raven: You always so cheery this early?
- Robin: Pretty much. Looks like its going to be a beautiful day.
- Raven: Yeah(looks at Robin and smiles). Hungry?
- Robin: (the Titans learn that it is the day Raven will end the world. They take her back to the tower and walk down a hallway while Cyborg carries her) Ok everyone, just as we planned. Raven: Where are you taking me? Robin: You said there was nothing we can do. We didn't agree. so we've been preparing for this day. (Robin places his hand on the scanner and opens up a room for Raven to hide in) Raven: You did all this for me? Robin: We're ready to take on Trigon! Raven: No, you can't be! Just go! Save yourselves! Robin: We're not giving up! Neither are you! Our plan is simple. Raven, you are the portal. Trigon needs you to take over the earth. Cyborg: But if Trigon can't get to the portal, then he can't take over. Starfire: So all we must do is keep the Trigon from getting to Raven. Raven: You can't. Robin: We will!
- Cyborg: (puts Raven down) You'll be safe in here. Everything's ready. I've installed all the latest state-of-the-art technology. Nothing alive is getting in here. Starfire: And these symbols should keep out evrything else. We took them out of your books. Beast Boy: Just in case you need some extra mojo. Raven: This is all great, but it's not gonna make a difference. Today the prophecy will be fulfilled. Trigon is coming. There's no stopping him. Robin: There's never been a villain we couldn't stop before. Raven: Trigon isn't a villain. He is the incarnation of evil. The source of all darkness. The.... Beast Boy: Ok, bad dude. We get it. Raven: No, you don't! You don't know Trigon. Robin: And Trigon doesn't know the Titans. Stay in here. We'll be watching from up there if you need us. (points to the upper room above Raven. The Titans then turn around and leave. Beast Boy pauses for a moment, runs up to Raven and gives her the penny he found earlier) Beast Boy: For luck. (turns and leaves) Raven: All the luck in the world won't help us now.
- Cyborg: (while fighting with the fire demons as he is preventing them from getting in the tower to capture Raven) NO ONE"S GETTING IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Raven: They can't stop him. Nothing can stop him, but they're willing to risk everything for me. If anyone could stop Trigon, maybe they could. Trigon: You know none of them would fill your head with fanciful ideas. Raven: You aren't here! You can't be! Trigon: (Trigon's shadow creeps up behind Raven) I am always with you. You are part of me forever. Raven: Get out! Trigon: There is no stopping what is about to happen. This is the reason I assiahed you. You were born so I could rule the earth. Raven: What if I don't let you? What if I don't become the portal? Trigon: It is not your place to tell me what to do! (fire encircles around Raven) I am the one with all the power! I am the one who decides your destiny! YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE! (Raven attacks her father but Trigon absorbs her attacks) You will always be daddy's little girl. Raven: I am nothing like you! (the demon eyes form on her face) Ahh!!! (Raven cowers in fear on the floor) Trigon: You wanted to protect your friends. Keep them from knowing. But you cannot deny the evil within you. You will bring destruction to everything and everyone. Like father, like daughter. Raven: No! Trigon: You cannot hide from your destiny!
- Trigon: Your friends cannot stop the inedible. They are doomed. Do you really want their last day to end like this? How can you bear to watch them suffer? Raven: Don't hurt them! Trigon: I'm not the one hurting them, you are. You know what must be done. Raven: But Father, I don't want to! Trigon: You cannot hide from your destiny!
- (a solar eclipse appears in the sky and Raven begins to move uncontrollably) Beast Boy: What's going on? Robin: Raven! (Raven falls and faints to the ground as symbols appear on her arms. Robin and the other Titans rush over to her to see if see's ok) Why didn't you tell us? It's happening isn't it? Starfire: Please Raven. Today is the day? It is.... Raven: The end of the world. (Raven begins to shed tears as the other Titans look in despair)
- (Raven is in the kitchen making 'Pancakes'. She flips one, and it lands on Robin's plate while he's holding it, causing Robin to fall to the ground)
- Robin: WOAH! Nice flip. (Robin's arm 'jiggles'. The other titans gather around Robin.)
- Raven: Morning. Pancakes? (Raven holds out a plate with the pancakes on it. Everyone looks confused)
- Beast Boy: Uhh... Thanks?
- Starfire: What is the occasion?
- Raven: Can't I just do something nice for my friends?
- Cyborg: Umm... Yeah but..
- Beast Boy: You never have before. (Raven towers over Cyborg and Beast Boy with storms in the background) Guess there's a first time for everything, heh.
- (Everyone takes their forks and puts the pancake in their mouthes with shocked expressions on their faces. Starfire likes them, but Cyborg falls over and Robin and Beast Boy spit them out. Raven turns away with a rain cloud above her head.)
- Robin: (Wearily) Don't you think it's nice of Raven to make us breakfast?
- Cyborg: (Getting up and squirts a whole bottle of carmel on his pancake) Even if the girl has no clue how to cook. (Robin nudges Cyborg and points to Raven, who has a big rain cloud over her head, mascara dripping, and is flooding everything, Beast Boy is a swimming as a shark) Oops, did I say that out loud? YUM! (Cyborg puts his thumb up)
- Starfire: (On her last bite, and is putting mustard on the piece.) Burt on the outside, yet runny on the inside, just like the incinerated Glorkoroches of my home world! (Starfire eats the piece and holds out her plate) More please! (Robin, Cyborg and Beast Boy all give Starfire their pancakes) What a glorious way to start the day!
- (Raven looks behind her, and Starfire is putting mustard on the pancakes, Cyborg is helping Beast Boy washing the taste of the pancake out with the carmel and Robin is rubbing his tounge. Raven bangs her arm down on the table.)
- Raven: So I was thinking, after breakfast, do you guys wanna maybe, you know, hang out or something? (Raven forces a crooked smile on her face. Big question marks hang over the other titans. Robin's communicator goes off.)
- Robin: It'll have to wait.
- The lucky penny Beast Boy gives to Raven reads "Liberty 1964". Coincidentally, that is the same year of the first publication of the Teen Titans in "The Brave and the Bold #54, July 1964". It may also symbolize the friendship between the two.
- The burnt pancakes look like chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips in them.