|Original Airdate||July 26, 2003|
|Written By||Amy Wolfram|
|Directed By||Alex Soto|
|Previous Episode||Divide and Conquer|
|Next Episode||Final Exam|
Sisters is the second episode of first season of the Teen Titans series and overall second episode.
Starfire's sister Blackfire comes to Earth for a visit. Blackfire is everything Starfire isn't and quickly starts to take her place on the team. Starfire starts to think of leaving Earth for good, But is there more to Blackfire then meets the eye?.
The Teen Titans are enjoying a fair when Starfire is suddenly attacked by an alien probe. The team succeed in fighting it off, but are left wondering where it came from. They return to Titans Tower, where they find that Starfire's sister Blackfire has stopped by Earth for a visit.
Starfire is overjoyed to see her at first, but Blackfire quickly begins taking over Starfire's place on the team. They visit a disco, where Starfire is left alone when the other Titans manage to find partners for a dance. Robin tries to talk to her, but Blackfire drags him off. Starfire once again encounter the probes, which manage to overwhelm her. The Titans come to her rescue, where Blackfire destroys all the probes with starbolts from her eyes. Robin asks her how she did it, where she replies with a hint of smile that it was just a lucky guess. Cyborg remarks that they need that kind of luck and offers Blackfire a spot on the team! Starfire, who is still recovering from the attack, gasps in shock.
Starfire is sad about this at first, but then comes to the decision that the team will be better off without her, and decides to leave. Just when she is about to leave Robin appears and starts to talk to her but just then, the aliens who sent the probes show up and take Starfire captive. Robin attacks their ship and sets her free, but just as the other Titans show up and prepare to battle, the aliens announce that they are Centauri police, here to capture a Tamaranean thief, who they say is Starfire because she's a Tamaranean and because she was wearing the Centauri Moon diamond that Blackfire gave her, but she'd never even been to the Centauri Moons. But the Titans know who has been to Centauri and that there's another Tamaranean on Earth. Seeing the Centauri Moon diamond on Starfire, Robin realizes they must be talking about Blackfire because she's been to the Centauri Moons; that's where she'd gotten the diamond, and she told Starfire herself. It all turns out that Blackfire had stolen the diamond and gave it to Starfire and was only pretending to be the Titans' friend so she could get away with her robberies in Centauri and let her sister take her place in jail. The Titans find that Blackfire is trying to escape Earth to return to Tamaran. Starfire, enraged, flies after her sister, and engages her in combat long enough for the Centaurians to capture her. Blackfire is taken away by the Centauri Police, vowing revenge on her sister. The scene changes, and Starfire is shown sitting alone in which Robin joins her. He encourages her by saying that no one will be able to replace her, which reveals a smile on her face.
- Written by:
- Amy Wolfram
- Directed by:
- Alex Soto
- Refering to the fact that Starfire and Blackfire are sisters.
- When Kai told the Titans that they're all under arrest, Starfire's armband disappears. When Cron said that Starfire had committed high crimes throughout Centauri and Starfire said she'd never been to Centauri, her armband reappears. Then when Robin gave Kai and Cron the stolen diamond Blackfire gave Star and said they've been chasing the wrong girl, Star's armband disappears again. Then when Star and Robin are talking on the roof when she first folds her arm she has her armband. When she unfolds them her armband disapears for the rest of the episode.
- When Starfire tries to recite her verse, Cyborg's eyes are both real. This was more than likely done to promote comedy; his robotic eye's pupil was colored red, so this may have been intentional. However, this may just be an animation error.
- In Date with Destiny Robin says that he danced once and disliked it. But in this episode, he is shown dancing with the other Titans except Starfire and he doesn't show any hatred, although the former was just a failed excuse to not dance with Kitten.
- This episode features the first appearance of Blackfire, and the only appearance of the Centauri police.
- When Beast Boy and Cyborg are playing the racing video game, Beast Boy is in front even before Cyborg says that he passed him.
- In this episode, Titans Tower is shown to be somewhere near the Great Lakes by the Caenauri police. However, in Homecoming - Part 2 it is shown to be in California. The location in this episode may just be an animation error.
- This is the first episode to focus on Robin and Starfire's feelings for each other.
- Blackfire: (laughing while dancing) Now, don't tell me you big, tough superheroes are afraid of a litte dancing.
Beast Boy: Betcha Cyborg can do the robot.
- Raven: (after being handed a big chicken doll as a prize, sarcastically) A giant chicken. I must be the luckiest girl in the world.
- Starfire: (About Blackfire) She will be a better Titan than I ever was...
- Starfire: Hello, Robin and... my sister! Am I interrupting?
Robin: Not at all. Blackfire was just showing me some alien martial arts. How come you never taught me these cool moves?
Blackfire: Probably because she doesn't know them. I always was the better fighter.
- Starfire: Hello, sister.
Blackfire: Oh, you're mad. I know I should have told you I was leaving, but you know how I hate saying goodbyes and-
Starfire: You are a criminal and you were going to let me take your place in jail.
Blackfire: Well, yeah.
Starfire: You will give back what you have stolen and turn yourself over to the police.
Blackfire: And what will you do if I don't? (Blasts Starfire with a starbolt), I always was the better fighter.
- Starfire: Not anymore. (Flys up toward her. Blackfire starts a shower of purple starbolts; Starfire flies through them and shoots her sister's right hand; Starfire then rises over Blackfire. Blackfire prepares to blast her and she is captured by the Centauri Police)
Centauri Police: Blackfire of Tamaran, you are under arrest.
Starfire: Farewell, sister. Although you did attack and betray me, it was still very nice to see you.
Blackfire: Next time, it won't be so nice. I will get out of jail, little sister, and I will get even.
- Beast Boy: See? She thinks I'm funny!
Raven: Statistically, I suppose someone has to.
- Starfire: So- Beloved sister- what brings you to Earth?
Blackfire: I was in the quadrent. Thought I'd see if earthlings like to party.
- Starfire: We could visit your favorite depressing café.
Raven: Already been. It was open mic and Blackfire wanted to share. Your sister's poetry is surprisingly dark.
- Kai: In the name of the Grand Centauri Empire, (pulls out his badge), you are all under arrest.
Beast Boy: Uh.. You can't be the good guys. We're the good guys.
Kai: And we are Centauri Police.
Cron: The Tamaranean girl is a liar and a thief. (points to Starfire) She's committed high crimes throughout the entire Centauri System.
Starfire: I have never even been to the Centauri Moons. (Robin takes the diamond off of Starfire and looks at it for a moment)
Robin: But I know someone who has. (Starfire gasps in horror as Robin returns the diamond to the Centauri Police) You've been chasing the wrong girl. Where's Blackfire?
Beast Boy: (notices Blackfire flying away) Uhh....
Robin: Don't worry, Star. She won't get away with this.
Starfire: (her eyes glow in fury) No, she will not. (flies off to confront her sister)
- Robin: Hey, how are you doing?
Starfire: I am sad for my sister.
Robin: And for yourself?
Starfire: I am just glad that the truth was discovered before I was replaced.
Robin: What are you talking about?
Starfire: Well, you...everyone was having such fun with her and than Cyborg said...
Robin: Look, your sister was interesting, but she could never take your place. No one could ever take your place.