- Pulsating, concentric rings that move left and right over another ring pattern (Robin destroyed it, later used on Beast Boy though they are stationary while pulsating)
- Moving and morphing diamonds (used on Starfire)
- Same as Robin's pattern, but moving up and down (used on Beast Boy)
As implied by the name, the screens put the viewer into a hypnotic trance, under which Mad Mod can control his victims. The trance can be broken by making the subject laugh.
It only seemed to have a lasting effect in Revolution, where after being freed from its initial effects, Beast Boy began speaking in a British accent and with British slang, while also praising many aspects of the British Empire. He eventually was freed from these effects, as well.
- All the hypnoscreens use some form of animated OP (optical) Art, which gained popularity in the 1960's
- Hidden Hypnoscreens can be found throughout the comic It's a Mod, Mod, Mod, Mod World hinting at the plot reveal.