Homecoming - Part 2 is the 54th episode of the Teen Titans series and the 2nd episode of Season 5.
The Doom Patrol has been saved, but the sinister Brotherhood of Evil is still on the loose. Declaring that only the Doom Patrol is qualified enough to deal with them, Mento refuses any help from the Titans and drafts Beast Boy back into the Patrol's ranks, despite the protests from the Titans. Then they set out on foot across jungle and open desert to reach the Brotherhood's mountain stronghold.
Unfortunately, this approach is what the Brain had anticipated, and he has prepared some traps along the way. One by one the Doom Patrol is worn down: Robot Man is lost during an encounter with a battle robot; after escaping an ambush by a tank platoon led by General Immortus, Negative Man disarms a minefield, but is unable to return to his own body in time; and shortly afterwards Elasti-Girl falls under a rock slab she was holding up to allow Beast Boy and Mento to escape. Despite these heavy losses, Mento stubbornly insists on pressing on. Realizing that they cannot do this by themselves, Beast Boy furtively tries to contact the Titans, but Mento breaks his communicator.
Fed up with Mento's stubbornness, Beast Boy rebels, refusing to take another step and follow Mento's ramrod course anymore. This finally brings Mento to his senses, and he and Beast Boy resort to more caution in their mission. After penetrating the Brotherhood's fortress and a brief skirmish with Monsieur Mallah and Madame Rouge, the two reach the Quantum Generator, only to find themselves surrounded by Immortus' robot troopers. Just as things look at their bleakest, however, reinforcements arrive: The Titans have surreptitiously followed Beast Boy, rescuing the rest of the Doom Patrol on the way. United, the two teams attack, and with a cunning idea, Beast Boy sets the Quantum Generator to generate a black hole right inside the fortress, destroying itself.
After the battle, Mento expresses his gratitude and respect to the Titans, and the Titans and Doom Patrol part ways with the promise of further team-ups against the Brotherhood. But what none of them suspects is that the Brain, convinced that the Titans' youthful unpredictability is more dangerous than their enemies of old, the Doom Patrol, has now decided to target the Teen Titans and every other young superhero around the world. And to aid them, the Brotherhood has recruited a large league of villains, consisting of old and new enemies of the Teen Titans ...
- Elasti-Girl: We are all very proud of you, Garfield. Take care. [Doom Patrol departs]
[Beast Boy chuckles nervously]
Raven: [with a smile of vicious pleasure] Ooh, I'm gonna get a lot of mileage out of this one!
- General Immortus: 'Strike when your enemy is at his weakest, when he is mired in self doubt, and your victory will be assured.' Sun Tzu was one of my best students.
- Robin: I should have warned you... we're not so great at doing what we're told.
Mento: I'll let it slide. Let's do this!
- In the episode Employee of the Month, it is shown that Newfu was eaten by Cyborg, but in the scene where all the villains are together, he is shown being held by Bob.
- This is the first and only episode where Beast Boy was directly referred to by his real name (Garfield).
- Strangely, in this episode, a lot of villains are seen working together despite being opposed in previous episodes, such as Red X and Professor Chang in X, Gizmo and Master of Games in Winner Take All, Johnny Rancid and Killer Moth in Can I Keep Him?, Mother Mae-Eye and the H.I.V.E. Five in Mother Mae-Eye, or Punk Rocket and Mumbo, Mad Mod, Wintergreen and H.I.V.E. Headmistress in The Lost Episode.
- Doctor Light is shown with the villains, however, in Calling All Titans and Titans Together he has not joined; this can partially be justified in his defeat in Kole, or perhaps his preference for petty theft, which was shown at the end of Titans Together.