Cheshire is a villainess and an enemy of the Teen Titans.
It is unknown how Cheshire became one of the Teen Titans' enemies before she first appeared among the other recruits for the Brotherhood of Evil. Her first assignment was to hunt down Speedy, which was easily accomplished after she cut his bow into three pieces. During the final battle between the Titans and the Brotherhood, she knocked Herald into the arms of Wrestling Star after his horn had been plugged by Fang. She also fought Bumblebee. But after Titan reinforcements arrived, almost all the villains end up captured and frozen. Cheshire was not seen among the captured or defeated villains, so it is popularly assumed that she managed to escape the battle. It is thought the secretly escaped when Psimon made the portal before Raven hit him.
Teen Titans Go!
Cheshire later reappears in the comic based on the series Teen Titans Go! in volumes #34 and #39. In #39, Stupid Cupid, she is engaged in battle with Speedy once again; however, this time their battle is interrupted by the reality-bending imp Larry who is using Cupid's arrows, causes the two enemies to fall in love. They are later seen in Titans Tower having a romantic moment, where she removes her mask and shows Speedy her face (which remains unseen to the reader). Following the rectification of Larry's blunder, they lost interest in each other.
Powers and Abilities
Cheshire is a master-level martial artist and acrobat. She is shown to have above-average agility as seen when dodging all of Speedy's explosive arrows.
She uses her long sleeves and long pony tails like whips, and also employs hand claws in close combat. As for superhuman abilities, she has displayed extraordinary speed when running on all fours and the ability to become invisible (except for the eyes and the grinning mouth of her mask).
- In the DC comics, Cheshire had fallen in love with Speedy and gave birth to his daughter, who died some time later during the Cry For Justice storyline.
- She also fell in love with Speedy in Young Justice and gave birth to his daughter there as well.
- Cheshire's name is a reference to Alice In Wonderland's Cheshire Cat, who has the ability to evaporate, leaving only his eyes and grinning mouth (just like Cheshire does herself in the series).
- The claws on Cheshire's hands are similar to that of Wolverine from Marvel comics.
- Her robe and claw atire might be based off of Hsien-Ko from Capcom's Darkstalkers.
- Her appearance could also be reference to Vega from Street Fighter II as both are masked assasins who wear claw gauntlets
- In one goof scene in "Homecoming Part 2", Chesire's mask is undetailed.
- Before Cheshire finished off Speedy with her hair-whip, the eyes on her mask suddenly blinked briefly.