- I'm not smart enough to do everything, but I'm dumb enough to try anything.
- — Beast Boy[src]
Beast Boy's parents, Mark and Marie Logan, were geneticists that would travel the jungles of the world to study their wildlife. Beast Boy was brought up in the jungles of Brazil, Africa, India, and several other places. The Logans particularly became interested in a rare species of green monkeys, but the day they finally found them, something terrible happened.
Beast Boy was bitten by a one of the monkeys and contracted a serious illness called Sakutia. To save him, his parents attempted to cure him with a new serum, which bestowed him with his shape-changing abilities. As a side effect, his skin, hair, and eyes turned green. Later in his life Beast Boy's parents died in a boating accident. After they died, Beast Boy, was interested in a super hero team called the Doom Patrol and was determined to join them. He broke into their headquarters and was treated as an intruder, but his efforts to escape capture impressed them, thus earning his membership on the team.
Beast Boy was originally the youngest member of the Doom Patrol. However, Mento's harsh discipline and less-than-encouraging attitude finally alienated him from his surrogate family, and he struck out on his own. Looking for a new place to live, he came to Jump City, where he encountered Robin, Starfire, Raven, and Cyborg and aided them in liberating Starfire from her Gordanian captors. Afterward, the five formed a new team on their own, the Teen Titans.
Throughout his career with the Titans, Beast Boy keeps exhibiting a very carefree jokester attitude which often causes a great deal of trouble, but he does have a strong sense for responsibility, which he rarely exhibits, though. Once he accidentally caused Cyborg to download a malevolent computer virus from a bootleg copy of his favorite computer game (Mega Monkeys 4) into the latter's systems, causing him to rampage across the city, consuming everything in sight. Feeling guilty about what he had done, Beast Boy, together with Gizmo, who was press-ganged into assisting (since he and Cyborg share a mutual dislike), entered Cyborg's body in the form of an amoeba and finally managed to defeat the virus on his own.
Later on, during his first confrontation with Adonis, Beast Boy and his opponent were doused with experimental chemicals which triggered the emergence of a more feral side and the eventual transformation into a type of super-werewolf. In this form Beast Boy battled Adonis for Raven's life, and managed to defeat him. Afterward, he uses this werewolf form only one more time, when Slade, as a minion in the service of Trigon, attacked Titans Tower with an army of fire demons. He never used it after then, suggesting that even with the strength and abilities it gave him, he considered only using it as a last resort.
Season 5 of Teen Titans focuses on Beast Boy a great deal, as it deals with his history as a member of the animated series' incarnation of the Doom Patrol. In this season, Beast Boy exhibits a surprising amount of inherent leadership skills; he finally convinces Mento to think his way through a tough situation instead of muscling it, and when the Brotherhood of Evil attacks young superheroes all around the world, he leads Herald, Jericho, Pantha, and Más on an assault against the Brotherhood's headquarters. He remains leader even after Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, and several other Titans join the fight, only standing down after Robin is thawed.Beast Boy once fell in love with Terra and began a relationship. Beast Boy had a lot of support for Terra when she didn't feel welcome and she confided in him that she can't fully control her powers and made him swear not to tell. Slade tried to convince Terra to turn to evil and she wouldn't listen her powers went out of control. After defeating him, Robin by observation told her they know she couldn't control her powers. She felt betrayed by Beast Boy and ran off. Terra returned and wanted to be a Teen Titan. When Terra returned, Beast Boy was elated to see her again and she was equally eager to rekindle their relationship. Beast Boy made her a heart box for her and asked her on a date but at first said she couldn't. Beast Boy in his room was upset and how stupid he thought he was and Terra listening on a rock in the window decided to go out with him. She asked if he trusted him and he said more than anyone. They went out on a date to an amusement park and Beast Boy asked her if she's having fun and that he is. She said he's her definition of fun. They had fun playing games, and going on rides, and taking pictures. On the Ferris wheel, Terra asked him if he knew something bad about her, would he still be her friend and he said always. They were about to kiss when Slade appeared. Beast Boy battled Slade. When Slade told Beast Boy that Terra turned to evil, he didn't believe it. When he found out she did, he was deeply hurt. While Beast Boy has carried a lot of resentment and rage towards Terra, he never failed to forgive her and offer her support when it mattered. All the other Titans regarded her as evil when he still saw good in Terra. Beast Boy brought up that they never gave up on Robin when he was Slade's apprentice. So Robin battled Terra for a second chance but she refused. Slade was totally controlling Terra and Beast Boy gave her confidence to fight against him and she kicked Slade into the lava. Beast Boy and Terra shared one last embrace before she stopped the volcano and was petrified. Terra fought Slade and pushed him into the lava. Terra hugged Beast Boy and told him he's the best friend she ever had.
In the series, Beast Boy (voiced by Greg Cipes) plays the role of the lighthearted jokester of the group, though he is often the butt of many jokes or backfiring pranks himself. He is playful, dim-witted, energetic, and often immature. When the other Titans are focused on important details he is usually the first to break in with a preposterous suggestion or an unnecessary joke. Due to this, others sometimes view him as immature, thickheaded, and cumbersome. However, he continually proves invaluable with his kindness and battle prowess. Although he jokes most of the time, Beast Boy can be serious when he wants to be.
During Season 5, when the Titans clash with the old enemies of the Doom Patrol, the Brotherhood of Evil, Beast Boy begins to focus a lot more on the mission at hand and displays a new sincere side of himself throughout the season. Some people believe that Beast Boy wears a mask of laughter and happiness to disguise his sadness at what has happened in the past. There are a few instances in the show that he shows his true self. For example, in the episode "The Beast Within", he becomes depressed and saddened when he believes that he has hurt Raven and the other Titans.
Although Beast Boy is a very vivacious social being, in the episode "Go!" when the Titans first meet, Beast Boy wants to hang out with the other Titans and befriend them mentioning that he hadn't hung out with anybody since the Doom Patrol. This implies that he has been a bit of a loner for a while and likes making friends. In the episode, "Every Dog Has His Day", Beast Boy became depressed when nobody wanted to hang out with him.
He wears his old black and purple Doom Patrol uniform, complete with gray gloves and purple sneakers with seemingly Velcro straps. The costume also had a mask, but he discarded it after Cyborg told him it was goofy, and Raven pointed out that the mask would not hide his secret identity anyway as, since his skin is green, he does not really have one. Beast Boy also has pointy ears, which he finds to be an attractive quality of himself. He exhibits very feral habits as well, such as sitting with his feet on his chair and moving his ears up and down. He wears boxers. One pair may be his official fan merchandise pair, it is covered in small pictures of his many green transformations.
Having transformed into most of the meat-producing animals, Beast Boy has lost his taste for meat and is now a vegetarian, which often gets him arguing with the others (especially Cyborg) because he constantly attempts to have the others adopt his culinary taste as well. He is also prone to causing much of the mischief around Titans Tower, such as the time he kept a large mutant moth larva hidden in his bedroom, whom he named Silkie. In "Can I Keep Him?", the larva devours much of the Tower while the team is on a mission fighting Johnny Rancid. While trying to hide him from the others, Beast Boy entrusts Silkie to Starfire to hide, who ends up adopting the creature.
In "Betrayal", when the other Titans lost faith in Terra, Beast Boy knew there was still good left in her because he knew her better than anybody. Beast Boy pointed out that they never gave up on Robin when he was Slade's apprentice. Robin battled Terra for a second chance but she claimed she was "not some sad little girl," expressing a vast and deep-rooted anger that was not entirely directed towards him.
Beast Boy also has an obsession with owning a vehicle of his own, more specifically, a moped. In one episode, he acquires one and affectionately calls it the "B-Ped". Ironically, after using it to save the world from an alien tofu-like species, it falls to pieces.
Beast Boy is also a bit of romantic with flirtatious fantasies, as shown during his relationship with Terra and in his fantasies, such as those involving the Tidwell 3000 which he hoped to own to become popular with women.
- Robin is always saying we gotta to work smarter, not harder
- — Beast Boy[src]
Beast Boy and Robin have a good friendly relationship, although one that is somewhat difficult due to their personality differences. Robin is much more serious and intense than Beast Boy, who is playful, energetic, and often immature; this has lead to clashes on missions. Robin, in turn, can get frustrated with Beast Boy. Despite the incongruity of their personalities, Robin and Beast Boy overall are good friends as they can get along well enough to function as team members. When Terra left Titans Tower without saying goodbye, Robin was the one who comforted Beast Boy.
Starfire gets along well with Beast Boy, mainly because she is the only Titan who laughs at his jokes (usually because she does not understand them). They are both cheerful, fun-loving people, although Starfire is more mature and focused than Beast Boy. Starfire and Beast Boy are family to each other, and seem to have a solid bond of trust between them. He often looks to Starfire for comfort. He seems to trust her the most, as seen in "Can I Keep Him?", in which he told Starfire who destroyed the tower. Beast Boy looks up to Starfire because she's like a big sister to him.
- Cyborg, what happened to you. I'm going to miss you, buddy. I know I never told you this, but you were my best friend.
- — Beast Boy when he found Cyborgs leg[src]
Cyborg is not only Beast Boy's best friend, but his surrogate older brother as well. Cyborg is never hesitant to put Beast Boy in his place, especially if he feels that the younger hero is being rude or inconsiderate, however, he is just as often seen at his friend's side causing mischief with him. Cyborg and Beast Boy have a lot in common, including a fondness for breakfast food, playing video games, watching movies, and playing practical jokes on each other. Throughout the series, Cyborg is shown to have a tough love relationship with Beast Boy. The two are close, but Cyborg feels the need to keep Beast Boy in line and maybe instill a little more consideration and maturity in him. This can sometimes frustrate Beast Boy, who wishes Cyborg was a little less authoritarian or uptight at times. They also enjoy playing their favorite game they made up, "Stankball".
- Having that thing inside you doesn't make you an animal. Knowing when to let it out is what makes you a man.
Raven is the Titan who is least similar to Beast Boy. While he is cheerful, energetic, and sometimes childish, Raven is calm, composed, and often spouts dry, deadpan snark. In the beginning, she and Beast Boy have a very rough relationship. Raven's depressed air and "creepiness" annoy Beast Boy, and she is constantly heckled by his bad jokes and immaturity. In Nevermore, however, both Cyborg and Beast Boy are transported into Raven's mind via a "magic mirror". Inside Raven's mind, they meet her Emoticlones, each representing a different side of the real Raven's personality. The happy Raven thinks Beast Boy is funny, while the timid Raven regrets being mean to him so much. Both the timid and real Raven confessed that she thought that Beast Boy didn't like her, and in the end, Raven is surprised when Beast Boy and Cyborg stay to help her fight Trigon. From this point on, she and Beast Boy begin a real friendship.
In the course of the series, several episodes focus on Raven and Beast Boy's growing relationship and how they play off each other. Though Raven constantly mocks him and Beast Boy constantly riles her, the two care deeply for each other and lay aside their differences when necessary. Beast Boy always tries to include Raven and do nice things for her, as when he throws her a surprise party. However, even when he bugs her, Raven can be shown to take a lot of comfort from Beast Boy. After Raven's heart was broken by Malchior, Beast Boy told Raven that although she think's she's alone, she's really not. Raven then hugged Beast Boy, but their tender moment was ruined by Cyborg and the Stank Ball. When Raven's life is put in danger by a transformed Adonis, Beast Boy experiences a similar transformation and while it seemed as though he was trying to attack Raven, he was actually saving her. Beast Boy also said that even though he and Raven fight, he could never hurt her. In the end, he is emotionally taxed by this new feral form he has gained but she lifts his spirits by telling him that the form does not make him bad: rather, knowing when to unleash it makes him a mature and valuable member to the team and to her. The only occasions where Beast Boy has used this form have been when Raven is in mortal danger. This could suggest that threats against Raven's life seem to push Beast Boy to higher levels, signaling his affectionate tie with her. In the episode, "The End - Part 1", Beast Boy found a one cent coin and gave it to Raven, saying "For luck". Raven holds on to it until she chanted the spell to open the portal.
From an outward appearance, it would seem Beast Boy is closer to Terra, but as it has been shown throughout the series, it is clear that Beast Boy has a tighter affectionate tie to Raven than he has for Terra. Even though her depressing air and sarcasm gets the best of him occasionally, Beast Boy shows Raven that he cares about her a lot when it matters most, and still proves to her that he likes being her friend no matter what. Beast Boy doesn't like it whenever Raven is hurt or upset, as he quickly softens up when she feels down. On the other hand, Raven is also not very excited when Beast Boy is injured or depressed. She has, time and time again, been the one who has come to his defense in battle when he's been knocked out of the fight, and as such, Beast Boy does the same, though he can occasionally get a bit ahead of himself, as seen in Masks.
Even though Beast Boy constantly riles her with his immaturity and jokes (even going a bit too far at times), at the core, he is only trying to get Raven to open up more and have fun, possibly implying he doesn't want her to feel so alone all the time. More often than not, Cyborg is the one who keeps him in check to make sure he does not go over the top as he wants him to be considerate of Raven's preferences.
Raven herself has, on occasion, admitted that Beast Boy was funny, even though she often denies it. In fact, it is possible Raven frequently responds sarcastically to his jokes and immaturity because she is trying to hide the fact that she does indeed find him hilarious.
- It your life, Terra. Your choice. It's never to late to change
- — Beast Boy[src]
Beast Boy was smitten with Terra the moment he laid eyes on her. The two met after she successfully killed a mutant scorpion and agreed to crash at the Titan's tower. Beast Boy was the first to suggest having her stay with them for good. During her stay, the two formed a quick friendship, discovering that they had a lot in common. Beast Boy and Terra had a complicated romantic relationship. Beast Boy had a crush on Terra the moment he saw her, while Terra had been charmed by his sense of humor since she first started talking with him. Sadly, their relationship would come to end on the night of their first real date, in which Terra was revealed to be Slade's apprentice.
However, in the course of their conflict Beast Boy still maintains a deep affection for Terra and believes that there may yet be a chance for her to reform. In the end, the two do make up before Terra redeems herself by saving everyone, at the price of turning herself into stone. She tearfully admits, while embracing Beast Boy, that he was the best friend she had ever had.
Later on, Beast Boy meets a girl who looks, speaks, and behaves a lot like Terra, but claims she isn't her. After some ill-fated attempts to help her recover her memory, Beast Boy realizes that his experiences with Terra must remain in the past and decides to let the girl live her life, while he himself embraces his life as a hero.
- Yes you did, but you were to stubborn to see it. And they were my family too
- — Beast Boy rebelling against Mento[src]
Beast Boy and Mento are shown to have both a rocky and tense relationship. When Beast Boy was with the Doom Patrol, it is shown that Mento had a bit of a negative effect towards him as he was always very strict with him. It was also shown that whenever Beast Boy made the slightest mistake or didn't follow his orders such as when Mento ordered Beast Boy to capture Monsieur Mallah and The Brain while he instead decided to save his teammates, Mento heavily scolded him for such "foolishness". It has been said that Mento's harsh attitude towards him is the reason why Beast Boy left the Doom Patrol in the first place.
It is shown however, that despite what happened in the past, Beast Boy still cares deeply for his former teammates as he was determined to find them, when he was sent an SOS message from Mento. However, even after all the years they've been apart, it is shown that Beast Boy and Mento still have unresolved issues as Mento still treats Beast Boy like a child and scolds him harshly for not following his orders of going after the Brain. Even though he had just saved both the Titans and Doom Patrol's lives from a falling building with them still inside.
In "Homecoming - Part 2", when Mento ordered Beast Boy to temporarily return to the Doom Patrol, Beast Boy was not happy with the way he had order the team around as he never thought things through before going into action. Beast Boy was also upset as, one by one, he saw each of the Doom Patrol members being taken down by the Brotherhood of Evil and Mento did nothing to save them, but only saying they have to keep moving and focus only on the mission. However, when Elasti-Girl was hurt during a battle and they were forced to leave her, that was when Beast Boy had finally stood up for himself against Mento. Beast Boy told him that there was another way to be a hero and goes onto say he never realized it before because he was too stubborn to see it and that is when Mento finally started to listen and really understand Beast Boy. By the end of the episode, Mento and Beast Boy now seemed to have a better relationship with each other as Mento sees Beast Boy as an equal hero and no longer sees him as a child.
- We're all very proud of you, Garfield
- — Elasti-girl[src]
Elasti-Girl and Beast Boy are shown to have a very close relationship with each other. Since the Doom Patrol is like a family to Beast Boy, he sees Elasti-Girl as a mother to him as she was always protective of him during battles and would always catch whenever he would fall. Like the rest of the Doom Patrol members, Beast Boy usually refers to Elasti-Girl by Rita, her real name, and rarely calls her by her superhero name. Since Beast Boy and Elasti-Girl had a mother-son relationship, she was not only protective of him because he was a teammate or the youngest, but because Beast Boy is like a son to her(which could be due to the possibility of his being her son, as is in the comics). She would also always stand-by Beast Boy whenever Mento was really harsh with him or whenever he was scolding him for making a mistake. As shown in Issue 22, "Surprises", she and Mento would also get into fights on how Mento treated him in past, showing she disapproved of the way he had treated Beast Boy when he was still with the Doom Patrol. Overall it is shown that she and Beast Boy had the closest relationship.
Powers and Abilities
- Maybe you don't need to keep up with him. I can turn into the biggest, strongest, fastest animals on Earth. But you know what, dude? Sometimes it's best to be a slow, tiny turtle.
- — Beast Boy[src]
Animal Shapeshifting: Beast Boy can transform his body into any known animal on Earth, past and present. Beast Boy can always revert back to his human form at any time of his choosing, or shift into numerous animal forms in rapid succession. Beast Boy is incapable of speech in animal form unless he takes the form of an animal that can talk, such as a parrot, and his "natural" green coloring remains the same in any form, making him easily recognizable. He seems to possess a degree of heightened senses in his default human form, having hearing sensitive enough to detect a stealthily approaching enemy.
Apparently Beast Boy was at first unable to shift in to forms much larger than himself, such as a Tyrannosaurus Rex (or possibly other dinosaurs), but later overcame this. He can also change into alien animals that he has seen firsthand, although he did not know this until he tried it.
In "Bunny Raven... or ...How to Make A Titananimal Disappear", Beast Boy's powers are altered by Mumbo so that he could only change into inanimate objects, as opposed to his usual repertoire of animals. His base form at the time is a lamp, and he needs to transform into a sound making object in order to communicate with the others. This episode, as well as "Spellbound", show that Beast Boy is able to revert to human form at will from animal transformations forced upon him by others.
His preferred forms, depending on task and necessity, are:
- Tyrannosaurus Rex or Spinosaurus: Heavy-duty combat
- Pteranodon: Flying, aerial combat and transporting teammates (though this is physically tiring)
- Falcon, Hawk or Eagle: High-speed flight
- Kangaroo: Supreme boxing skills and enhanced jumping
- Cheetah, Horse or Ostrich: Enhanced running speed
- Lion, Tiger, Smilodon, Utahraptor or Velociraptor: Pouncing and lunging at enemies
- Brown Bear, Gorilla, Orangutan or Sasquatch: More versatile strength in hand-to-hand combat
- Apatosaurus, Ankylosaurus or Stegosaurus: Weighty slam-downs
- Blue Whale: Transporting teammates underwater
- Barracuda, Marlin or Sailfish: High-speed (and extra high-speed) swimming
- Ram, Stag, Moose, Musk Ox, Bull, Bison, Hippopotamus, Rhinoceros, Elephant, Woolly Mammoth, or Triceratops: Charging through enemies
- Bat, Hummingbird or Dragonfly: Evasion
- Jellyfish: Makes use of his soft, squishy body and poison sting
- Crocodile: Biting and tearing
- Turtle, Tortoise, Crab, Hedgehog, Porcupine or Armadillo: Protection
- Dog, Coyote or Wolf: Sniffing out trails
- Gecko or Spider: Wall-climbing
- Dolphin, Seal or Shark: Underwater duty
- Snake: Slithering into narrow places
- Ant, fly, Mouse, Rat or Chameleon: Stealth
- Monkey, Ring-tailed Lemur, Chimpanzee or Baboon: Agility
- Polar Bear, Penguin or Camel: Enduring cold and hot climates
- Rabbit or Frog: Enhanced hopping
- Octopus, Squid or Python: Restraints and holding multiple objects
- Parrot: Talking
- Llama: Spitting saliva
- Electric Eel: Shock enemies and short out machines
- Flying Squirrel: Climb and glide
- Pig: Eating
- Donkey: Kicking
- Kitten: To do what he calls 'the face' which, apparently, most people can't resist
- Skunk: Stink out opponents
- Giraffe: Look out for things out into the distance
- Microorganism: Microscopic duty
In his Werebeast form first obtained in combat with Adonis, Beast Boy possesses greatly enhanced strength, agility and speed, in addition to heightened senses and healing. However, this form is apparently also more feral, and his human consciousness and judgment are partially subdued when in this form; as a result, this shape is rarely used. This form is easily one of Beast Boy's strongest known forms to date as it took the combined efforts of Cyborg, Robin and Starfire to stop him, and even then they only succeeded in getting him to back down.
He is also able to transform into a gigantic animal native to Starfire's homeworld of Tamaran. It appears to used as a ferocious guard dog. It is possible, as a Tamaranian guard ran in fear from him, that this form could at least match or exceed a Tamaranian in strength, however he only used this form once in "Betrothed", so the full extent of his extraterrestrial powers is unknown.
Having been accepted as a part of the Doom Patrol early on in his crime-fighting career, Beast Boy is one of the more battle-hardened Titans. Although he seems to prefer taking orders from someone higher up, he has been willing to lead when the position is given to him. Particularly, being one of the few survivors of the Brotherhood of Evil's massive assault on the Titans and their allies, he leads the scattered survivors in a successful infiltration of their headquarters, ultimately leading to their defeat.
Beast Boy was also trained in martial arts by Robin, so he could still defend himself should his powers ever somehow stop working.
Beast Boy is a strict vegetarian due to him shapeshifting into animals like them. Also, if Beast Boy is unconscious for a short while, he will revert back to human form. Sometimes, if Beast Boy is in a tight suit or if he hits something during his transformation, he will be unable to transform. When Beast Boy's powers were altered into object transformations, he could not speak in his base form of a lamp, and had to transform into a communication device instead (e.g. telephone, speaker, megaphone, banner, gramophone, telegram). As seen in Haunted, when Beast Boy is sick, he can't control his shapeshifting abilities and transforms every time he sneezes. It has been shown multiple times during the episode Mad Mod that Beast Boy is highly vulnerable to hypnosis - a single glance is enough to put him into a complete trance.
Episodes focusing on Beast Boy
- Final Exam
- Forces of Nature
- Deep Six
- Every Dog Has His Day
- The Beast Within
- Episode 257-494
- Employee of the Month
- Homecoming, Part 1
- Homecoming, Part 2
- Calling All Titans!
- Titans Together
- Things Change
- Trouble In Tokyo (movie)
- Forces of Nature
- The Sum of His Parts
- Deep Six
- Mad Mod
- Car Trouble
- Apprentice - Part 1
- Apprentice - Part 2
- How Long Is Forever?
- Every Dog Has His Day
- Only Human
- Fear Itself
- Date With Destiny
- Titan Rising
- Winner Take All
- Aftershock - Part 1
- Aftershock - Part 2
- The Beast Within
- Can I Keep Him?
- Bunny Raven... or ...How to Make A Titananimal Disappear
- Titans East - Part 1
- Titans East - Part 2
- Episode 257-494
- The Quest
- Cyborg the Barbarian
- Employee of the Month
- The Prophecy
- Mother Mae-Eye
- The End - Part 1
- The End - Part 2
- The End - Part 3
- Homecoming - Part 1
- Homecoming - Part 2
- Trust (no lines)
- For Real (no lines)
- Hide and Seek
- Revved Up
- Calling All Titans
- Titans Together
- Things Change
Teen Titans Go!
Main article: Beast Boy/Gallery
- He is skilled in origami.
- Height 5'0" and weighs 150 lbs.
- Beast Boy is a vegetarian but not a vegan.
- He is the only male Titan with the natural ability to fly.
- Beast Boy's origin differs in the original DC Comics. His father, Mark Logan, was actually researching and conducting experiments to unlock the secrets of Reverse Evolution - taking an animal, and evolving backwards to transform it into its prehistoric ancestor. The day he discovered the key to his goal, Beast Boy (known as Garfield at the time) was infected with Sakutia, which was deadly to all species of animal except the Green monkey. There, Mark built and used a machine (instead of a serum) that devolved Beast Boy into a Green monkey for 24 hours, defeating the disease and saving his son as a result. The side effects, however, were that Garfield's skin was permanently changed to green and gained the ability to morph into any animal, even extinct ones, due to an apparent imperfection in the machine.
- During the series he has said "Dude" about 114 times.
- He does not speak any Japanese.
- Beast Boy said to have been born on westchester county (Comic: The New Teen Titans V.1 - chapter 24).
- He has said to have taken "high-school Spanish" (Comic: The New Teen Titans V.1 chapter 24).
- He may know some trouble understanding Spanish (episode Titans Together).
- Beast Boy's background in the Doom Patrol is elaborated in Teen Titans Go #45.
- Beast Boy and Raven were intentionally written by David Slack, the Titans head writer, as a "married couple", hence the relationship was one of deep loyalty and affection, but also laced with conflicting personality clashes. This "tough love" relationship between Beast Boy and Raven is continued in Trouble in Tokyo, also written by Slack.
- Many fans seem to believe that Raven and Beast Boy have romantic feelings for each other, but there is no substantial evidence for it aside from some affectionate moments. The continuation comic Teen Titans Go! had more clearer hints than the show, but it could've been an simple nod to their relationship in the mainstream comics at the time or just maybe something more. Ultimately, the status of Raven and Beast Boy being in love in this show is debatable. One thing is for sure among the fans though, and that is beneath Beast Boy's and Raven's rough relationship they ultimately do care for one another.
- Most of the time when Raven is upset about something Beast Boy was the only one who successfully made her feel better, he was also the first to be hugged by Raven out of comfort. Also, when the Titans were pretending to be Robin, Beast Boy is the one who successfully got her to dress up.
- Beast Boy's skin may be furry as he implyed he shampoos his whole body, not just the hair on his head. Of course this was only shown once so it may be a joke.
- During the battle of the Teen Titans' evil clones, Beast Boy turned into a Tyrannosaurus Rex and Nega Beast Boy turns into a Spinosaurus and the battle looks similar to Jurassic Park III (Beasty Boy's T-Rex form bites the Clone's Spino form on the neck), but Beast Boy never turned into a Spinosaurus in any episodes.
- Beast Boy's height seems to vary in many episodes (possibly a goof in the show). He's slightly shorter than Terra in a few scenes. However he's taller than Terra in other episodes. He is also seen to be up to Raven's nose., but sometimes is only up to Raven's chin. Similarly, when Raven hugs Beast Boy, they are the same height. This could be of a result of his animal transformations, which may tamper with his body even after he returns to his humanoid state.
- He is, however, always the shortest (either by himself or tying with another) of the five main Titans, and of all the Titans, save Mas y Menos.
- Beast Boy apparently doesn't wear socks.
- His shoes seem to be put on with Velcro, but it is revealed that there are laces under the Velcro.
- Beast Boy is the only male Titan to have his real first name said during the series (Garfield).
- Beast Boy wears colorful boxers.
- It is unknown how old Beast Boy is, but many people have guessed he is the youngest of all the Titans, because his voice is still high. He is generally considered to be about 14. He may also not have been through puberty yet.
- Beast Boy seems to change into random animals when he's sick or disorientated.
- He is able to turn into animals that also do not originate on earth, he also stated in that he himself was unaware he could do that, and was just guessing.
- Beast Boy was shown to have chimp-like feet, but this was only shown once in the show and never in the spinoff comics.
- That tasted so nasty. - "Masks"
- I know what you're thinking. There's nothing more annoying than when you can't play your tuba in the bath tub. - "Homecoming"
- Hilarious? Me, really? - "Terra"
- And I thought Aqualad had a big ego. - "Deep Six"
- Huh. I thought I was taller. - "The End - Part 2"
- I'll take the monkey, you take the jar. - "Titans Together"
- Dudes, check it out! Brain freeze! - "Titans Together"
- Hello, ladies. Wanna go for a spin on my moped? - "Every Dog Has His Day"
- I can't tell what's a bed, what's a chair, and what's alive! How am I supposed to take my beauty nap? - "Betrothed"
- Dude, you actually want to do more stuff? My goal in life is maximum couch time. - "Overdrive"
- Bald?! You're telling me I'm going to be bald?! - "How Long Is Forever?"
- Dude, that is so not fair. - "How Long is Forever?" (as Future Beast Boy)
- You know, your haunted house was way creepier than that stupid movie. Any chance you want to do this again for Halloween? - "Fear Itself"